ValpoLife is giving away a pair of tickets to a lucky fan who comments on this article! The Listen to Your Mother Show makes for the perfect Mother's Day gift!
Listen To Your Mother is once again coming to Valparaiso! The show features a series of live readings by local writers, reflecting on an aspect of motherhood from their point of view, in celebration of Mother's Day. Held in 10 cities across the nation, this is the second year Valparaiso will play host to the event!
Listen To Your Mother will take place Thursday, May 10, 2012, 7 pm, at the Memorial Opera House. Tickets are $10 in person or by phone at the Memorial Opera House box office and $13 online.
This year's cast is as follows:
- Liz Chatwell of Kouts
- Brenda Magnetti Erickson of Valparaiso and Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Beth Fletcher of Valparaiso
- Alice Harrington of Valparaiso
- Stephanie Hauser of Valparaiso
- Katy Hoagland of Valparaiso
- Julia Huisman of Schererville
- Judy Miller of Indianopolis metro area
- Jen Mitchell of Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Heather Curlee Novak of Valparaiso
- June Saavedra of Valparaiso
- Liz Self of Valparaiso
- Carrie Steinweg of Lansing, Illinois
- Megan Summers of Valparaiso
- Director/Producer Stephanie Precourt of Valparaiso will emcee the event.
Part of Listen To Your Mother's mission is for each show to contribute financially to non-profit organizations supporting families in need. LTYM has included charitable giving in every production and event from its inception, and for 2012 each of the 10 city productions will donate 10% of all ticket proceeds to a local cause. This year, LTYM: Northwest Indiana is proud to give 10% of our ticket proceeds to The Caring Place, a service and shelter for families and victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Through education and awareness, The Caring Place hopes to empower all members of the Northwest Indiana community to live in peace.
The LTYM 2011 show can be viewed here.