Valparaiso citizents of any fitness level are welcome as participants and may try one week of exercise classes and use of the fitness center for $5.
Last Updated on 06 May 2009
The Wellness Resource Center (WRC) of La Porte Regional Health System is offering the public the Take One Trial Offer to experience the health and fitness benefits of the facility.Located inside The Crossing of La Porte Hospital, 1203 Washington St. in La Porte, the WRC is dedicated to helping those interested in pursuing or maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
The fitness center provides equipment, including ellipticals, treadmills, Nu-Step (seated stair) machines, stationary bikes, recumbent bikes, rowing machines and a universal weight machine. The WRC staff also offers individualized coaching to get started or to answer any questions along the way. Hours are Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon.
Exercise classes also are offered, including:
- Yoga - a class to reduce stress, increase flexibility and gain strength
- Chair Yoga - a new introductory yoga class using a chair for balance while performing simple standing and seated poses
- Zumba® - an aerobic class incorporating Latin music with dance and fitness movements to tone and sculpt the body
- Zumba® Basics - a new Zumba class for beginners who want to learn the moves
- Zumba® Gold - a Zumba class at a less intense pace
- Zumba® Kids - a new class designed for kids, tweens and teens to have fun while exercising, combining high-energy, motivating Latin music with easy-to-follow, friendly dance moves
- Strength Training/Kickboxing - a new cardio kickboxing class, including an initial segment of strength training
- Strength Training - a class designed for all fitness levels and body types to tone up, burn calories and stay strong
- Circuit Training - class alternating between two-minute sessions of aerobic and strength training activities in a fast-paced, challenging environment
The May/June class schedule includes: Yoga on Mondays at 4:45 p.m., Fridays at noon; Chair Yoga on Wednesdays at noon; Zumba® on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Saturdays at 8 a.m.; Zumba® Basics on Wednesdays at 5 p.m.; Zumba Gold® on Tuesdays and Thursday at 8 a.m.; Zumba® Kids on Saturdays at 9:15 a.m.; Strength Training/Kickboxing on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:05 p.m.; Strength Training on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:45 p.m.; and Circuit Training on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:15 p.m..
The offer may be used one time per person. Payment options include: check, cash or credit card.
For more information or to register, call (219) 326-2480 or visit www.laportehealth.org.