All Greater Valparaiso Area non-profit organizations may nominate ONE (no couples or multiple nominees, please) special volunteer for this award each year. Nominees must be unpaid volunteers. The same special volunteer may be nominated in multiple years, but may only win the Kiwanis Annual Volunteer of the Year Award once.
Purpose of Award
- To recognize outstanding volunteers in our area
- To promote volunteerism
- To encourage increased volunteerism within our community
- To celebrate the “spirit of volunteerism”
The Valparaiso Kiwanis Club Foundation will award $500 to the local, qualified non-profit organization which nominates the candidate selected to receive the Volunteer of the Year Award.
Characteristics of an Outstanding Volunteer Candidate
- Be an exemplary volunteer – stands out from other volunteers.
- Represent the highest level of volunteerism.
- Have an extensive volunteer background.
- Have made a significant impact on your organization and the community.
- Be available to attend a special luncheon meeting at 11:30 am on May 28, 2014 at Strongbow Inn.
Deadline for Submission of Nomination Forms – March 21, 2014
The 2014 Award recipient will be recognized at the Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 11:45 am – 1:15 pm regular Kiwanis Luncheon meeting. Please make sure your nominee is able to attend prior to submitting his/her name.